Friday 11 March 2011

Further Inspiration

I have done some further research on painting recreations and have found a series of recreations including famous actors and actresses faces which seem to have been Photoshopped onto the paintings.
http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/galleries/celebrities_and_famous_portraits_collide

I also found an article called Recreating Famous Paintings With Photography which also features famous actors and actresses but this time they are full recreations; just like the brief we have been set. They are not Photoshopped afterwards. These include:




I love these recreations as they are not exactly the same, they are strongly influenced by the original paintings but have not been taken too literally which I like. I especially like the Gustav Klimt recreation but I would have put a lot more detail into the dress and perhaps embroidered onto it to create the effect Klimt achieved in his painting. I would really like to create something like this for Part 1 of the project as it will enable me to enhance and use skills that I already have. These reconstructions have really inspired me; I feel I could create something really successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment