Friday 18 March 2011

Work Thus Far...

So far I have collated some fabrics together from boxes of scrap fabrics I have collected over the years and and my Nan's collection of fabrics (some of which date back over 50 years!). I am going to now take these fabrics and test out some different dyeing techniques on them. I've picked a variety of fabrics because I want there to be loads of layers within the cloak. There are silks, heavy cottons, chiffons and nettings and even some upolstery fabrics (I'm not sure if i will use these yet though as they are covered in floral patterns... They may prove to add an extra dimention to the piece but they may prove to just be too complex and busy). I will now research into the kind of different dyeing effects I could apply to these fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment