Wednesday 6 April 2011

Film Meeting

Straight after the film pitches were assigned to each of us, I immediately went to find the producer for The Combing of the Hair; the film I will be designing for. We briefly discussed their basic idea for the film. My brief was:
*red, oranges, terricottas- Spanish colour scheme
*1940's
*Set in Spain- look into historical elements of the time

The first thing I did was to have a look on the internet to get an idea of what the fashion was like during the 1940s in Spain. I then went to have a rummage in the costume store to see what costumes were available. I found several costumes that fitted the brief I had been given and put them on a rail and immediately called up the producer to see if he could have a look at them to see what he thought. He was really pleased I was so on the ball and was happy with my selections. When I get back after my easter holiday, I will continue to source costumes etc.

I feel that I have already started to gain a relationship with the producer for the film. I feel I conducted myself well and have shown that I am hardworking and willing. So far, my organisation has been really good. I will have to ensure I conduct myself correctly and fight my corner if I feel that I am being taken for granted or being used to do jobs other than my own, but so far I feel that this project is going really well!

No comments:

Post a Comment