Wednesday 4 May 2011

Shoot Day- 'The Chair'

Today I assisted Ellen on set for The Chair. It was an interesting experience working on this project as they used a green screen, something I have only ever been seen done on DVD extras! It was really interesting and a totally different experience to working on set on Ophelia as they did many different takes from all different angles in all different ways.

I felt a bit useless on set as there was only one actor and Ellen was very much in control of his costume. It was an interesting experience and learning curve but as an assistant I did very little despite being very willing to do anything!

The day was an experience but I wish I could have been more of a help. For example, if there had been two actors on set I could have been in charge of the continuity for one of their costumes.

I am very glad I assisted as I was able to observe Ellen doing her job which gave me confidence in myself for my film in a few days time.



No comments:

Post a Comment